SixtyFive ALIVE - Seniors AOD and CEP Service
This is a programme designed to enhance the quality of life for people aged 65 years and over, who are concerned about their use of alcohol and other drugs, including prescribed medication and Co-existing Mental Health and Medical problems
• Consultation for other services
• Education-training to other services on working with older people experiencing alcohol or other drugs concerns
• Facilitation into specialist services
• Joint case work
• Support to develop screening and brief treatment within services
• Development of groups in partnership with other services
• Specialist case management and treatment
• Co-Existing Problems treatment
• This is a home based community service.
• We offer a Comprehensive Assessment by registered professional staff and personalised treatment, based on individual need.
• Case management- we work co-operatively with other services, that cater for the medical (including detox), psychiatric and social/ support needs of seniors.
• We offer education and support to assist change for affected seniors and their families/whanau, with the focus on wellbeing.
• Aftercare planning and follow-up, including referrals to support agencies.
• We provide Linkage to Older Persons Health Specialist Services.
• We undertake presentations to other services and interested community organisations.
• We are able to assist services develop screening and treatment supports
Self-referrals, service referrals via phone or referral letters
Cost - Nil
• Services working with people 65 and over who have alcohol or other drug concerns
• People over 65 who have alcohol or other drug problems including Co-Existing Problems (Under 65 of age where age related factors impact on functioning)
Helping people take the steps
98 Greers Road PO Box 34009 Burnside Christchurch
Phone 03 358 2690 Fax 03 358 2907 Mobile 021 919 938 or 021 991 875
Odyssey Community Services - Te Hikoiinga Ote Whaiora