The service is available for anyone who is experiencing a problem related to methamphetamine – those that use and those who have concerns regarding someone else’s use. Service users are assigned their own Counsellor and can be supported at any stage of their journey.
The MHT is staffed by an experienced team of AOD Counsellors. The service has been established for over 5 years and has proved to be very popular with service users due to the high level of confidentiality it offers alongside very flexible delivery options.
- Help and support with cutting down and/or staying off
- Support with reducing the harm caused by methamphetamine use
- Advice on how to prepare for detox, manage cravings and relapse prevention
- Information on all the treatment options and referrals to AOD agencies if needed
- Self-help material designed specifically for ‘P’ users
- A call-back service – where we will call regularly at a time/day that suits the client
- Case-management – a designated Worker from start to finish
- Cultural support
- Txt service – on-going support via phone, txt or email
- Support for those concerned about another’s methamphetamine use by developing strategies to cope with the negative consequences.
To self refer, please contact the Alcohol Drug Helpline on 0800 787 797
The referral form is available on this web page and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 03 359 2907.
Please contact Anita O’Connell on 021 205 3744 with any enquiries.