Odyssey House Trust Christchurch provides therapeutic support and education to clients with drug and alcohol addictions. Our mission is to reduce the harm to the individual, family and community by reducing the long term effects of addiction.
We have been successfully providing treatment in Christchurch for the past 27 years, and currently provide services for
- Residential male adults 17 +
- Residential male and female youth age 14-18
- Day programme for both male and female aged 12-18
- Outreach pre and post program support for youth and adults who have been through or waiting to attend Odyssey House programs
- Prison Alcohol and Drug Assessments
- Community Alcohol and Drug Assessment Service - ADAS - Alcohol and Drug Asssessments,Individual and Group Treatment
- Community Youth Mental Health and Alcohol & Drug Service - Brief Mental Health and Alcohol & Drug Treatments, and Linkage to other Youth Services
- Support Groups - 24/7, Friday Group and dyssey support group - Group designed to support and maintain change
- Te Puna Wai Youth Alcohol and Drug Groups - ASAP
- Driving Change Group - A group for repeat drink drivers.
We are a community consisting of programme participants and staff, this community works together to encourage and promote positive development in the individual. All individuals choose to belong.
The members learn how to use the community to assist and promote personal growth, with the primary 'therapist' and 'teacher' in the Therapeutic Model being the community itself.
It also provides a predictable environment with well-defined boundaries, as well as encouraging individuals to learn not only consistency, but also reliability, responsibility and accountability.
The community as a whole provides a crucial context for change.
Odyssey House is funded by the Canterbury District Health Board, Community Correction, Child Youth and Family Service and Donations.
Although Odyssey House receives government funding, its services are enhanced by sponsorship and donations. If you would like to donate to Odyssey House, we would be greatly appreciative.
To donate money, please contact our Director on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring on 03 358 2690.
We also appreciate donations of
Adult and Youth casual clothing in good condition
Books, games and videos for our residents